Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fools!

I told everyone that I was leaving China on the 17th to arrive back in Aussieland on the morning of the 18th. I even bought a ticket before I did this, just so no-one would suspect anything.

So, it turns out that I'm not coming home just yet. My sister, Sandra reckons I'm better off staying out of Australia for too long... Since it would mean being bored, broke and generally upset. And presumably annoying to all I may need to be staying with.

I really was dreading the return home, since my RMB would have very little sway in Aodaliya (1/6 exchange rate, for those not in the know). So, I'm in Shanghai, still. Possibly not my favourite place, but I can get by until some money comes through from the bank.

I may have to back to Harbin as well, since that was where my plane ticket was bought and that's where I need to go if I want the cash... Getting there at this time of year will be tough and possibly expensive. 24 hour train trip! Hooray!

Then... I don't know.

No comments: